November 13, 2008

The Great Reception Search

Last night, Brad and I were sitting side-by-side with our laptops, researching potential reception locations. It was like dueling pianos, except we were both showcasing our Google savvy. (For the record, Brad was a much more successful searcher than I was, but only because I got distracted by daydreaming about a reception at Jasper Winery, which is way too small for us. Booooo.)

Today, my task is to contact potential venues. I had no idea what kind of questions to be asking, so I asked my bestie (of course), who gave me these questions for starters:
  • What's the room's maximum seating capacity?
  • Do you have our date available?
  • What rental fees are usually associated with a wedding reception? (Brad and I discovered last night during our research that the price quoted doesn't usually include random fees for things like an off-duty police officer (no joke), clean up, that kind of thing--better to pry now than be shocked later when we get the bill.)
  • Do you work with or recommend a specific caterer?
Those questions should get us off on the right foot and we'll ask about the details later.

image courtesy of Jasper Winery, the reception venue of my dreams

1 comment:

Catie said...

A reception at Jasper Winery would have been beautiful--but I know the perfect space is still out there waiting for you!

We should go to Jasper for a wine tasting sometime, though! Wouldn't that be fun?